Rules & Guidelines
PROGRAM RULES AND GUIDELINES
Program rules and guidelines are designed to assist in providing a safe, secure and respectful environment where everyone is treated equally while keeping in mind our individual differences.
The following examples if broken may result in you receiving a strong warning and consequence or instant discharge depending on circumstances and severity of this behavior.
- Residents are required to participate in all aspects of the program throughout their stay
- Follow the lawful direction of Baroona staff
- No alcohol or other drug use is permitted on Baroona property, while on any outings or conducting of business or program activities while you are staying at Baroona.
- No alcohol or others drugs are permitted on Baroona property, no mobile phones, IPods, IPads, laptops or any other electronic devices
You can bring an Ipod Shuffle (only) for music
- Not entering someone else’s bedroom
- No sexual activity
- No verbal or physical bullying, threats, abuse or discrimination of other residents, staff, community members or elders.
- No excessive swearing or abusive language
- No bringing of offensive Videos, CDs or any written material
- Leaving the property without a staff member or permission to leave
- No phone call for the first three (3) days, though staff will pass messages onto residents but not make call on their behalf. After three (3) days phone calls (10 minute call) can be made with staff supervision between 7.00pm and 9.00pm each day
- No visits for the first 2 weeks then after this family can visit on Sundays
- Music is permitted in residents bedrooms only during free time
- No family member, friend or significant other who have substance misuse issues can be
a phone contact or visit Baroona.
The following examples of breaking rules and guidelines may result in instant discharge
- Stealing or theft of anyone’s property or goods whether at Baroona or whilst on an outing.
- Violence or threats of violence to other residents, staff or community members
- Misuse or the hiding of medications
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted inside Baroona or outside while on an outing